Hi everyone, hope you all had a nice weekend. I’m a little bit under the weather. Have been nursing an aching back for the last week and a half so just a quick recipe post today for all you nice people.
I came across these banana cupcake photos in my laptop which I made a while ago and realised I never got the chance to post the recipe. Hope you enjoy these.
Banana Cupcakes with Cinnamon & Maple Syrup Buttercream – makes 12
1 ½ cups plain flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 medium ripe bananas (mashed)
1/3 cup milk
1 Tbsp butter (melted)
1 tsp vanilla essence
125g butter (softened)
1 ½ cups icing sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Place dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar) in a large bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined (do not over mix).
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes onto wire rack to cool.
- Using a stand mixer or hand-held mixer, beat butter until pale (about 4 minutes on high-speed).
- Gradually add icing sugar in small quantities and continue to beat on medium to high-speed until buttercream becomes fluffy.
- Add cinnamon and maple syrup and beat until incorporated.
- Pipe or spread buttercream onto cooled cupcakes.
I came across another old recipe which I will post next week. In the meantime, I’m off to put my feet up and rest my achy breaky back ;) Have a good week everyone.