I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Christmas.
Wow! I can’t believe another year is about to end and a new one to begin. Time really does fly when you’re having fun. I also can’t believe I made it to 3 months with this blog. Honestly, I didn’t even think I’d make it pass October, but here we are, still blogging on the end of December 2010.
What a fantastic year it has been, so for something nice to end the year for my blog, I thought I’d finish off with something sweet - chocolate bar brownies. This is my first brownie from scratch and I was so pleased it turned out well compared to my botched pre-packed baking attempt.
I’ll be back blogging again in the new year but for now, from the bottom of my hungry stomach, I, MJyummymunch wish you all a happy and prosperous new year. Stay safe and happy eating.
Chocolate Bar Brownies
1 cup unsalted butter
100g dark chocolate
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 cups caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
1/4 cup unsalted cashews
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 C. Grease a brownie tray (33 x 23 x 5 cm).
2. Place chocolate and butter on top of double boiler and set over simmering water. Mix until chocolate and butter are melted stirring occassionally.
3. Put sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Pour chocolate mixture and stir to blend. Add eggs one at a time and beat mixture with a wooden spoon. Add in the vanilla essence and then sift though the flour, salt and cocoa into the mixture and stir to blend. Throw in the nuts (if you are allergic to nuts, omit the nuts and add in choc chips instead) and mix through.
4. Pour mixture in brownie tray making sure it’s an even layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. This is good even if it’s underdone.
5. Once baked, sift icing sugar on top and cut while warm (not hot).